Sunday, April 22, 2007

Won't Stop Turning

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I feel so small at the top of the world touching clouds
Where I can forget my problems and doubts
It's hard to tell but
Is anyone else on this ride with me?

This is one ride I can't get off
Until it brakes down
And I feel like I could do anything at the top
But synthetic when I'm touching ground

Scream to make it stop; It won't
Threaten to jump off; It's too high
Sit down because that's the only other option
But I'll tell you what I can do

I'll close my eyes
Stretch out my arms, hands up
Nothing can hurt me now
I'm at the top of the world

I will scream at the top of my lungs
And I will sing at the top of my lungs
My love for you
And whisper in my ear that you love me too

And I'll laugh and I'll cry and I'll wish I wasn't sitting
By you but you make the ride make sense
And then you'll sit there when someone else comes on with me
But I won't forget you protecting me

My life can't be compared to a Ferris wheel, can it be?

No comments: