Thursday, March 8, 2007

The Conscience of the Unconscious Mind

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is but a thought left in my past
Just as you are
And maybe if the times permitted
It would be different

But here I go to tell you what I think
Once again:
Everything is pushed into the back of our minds
Lying dormant until something arouses the thought

The memories becomes real again
The things or words that person said
When you see them again for the first time
In three, five, twenty years stepping out of that car

So what are you thinking then?
'I should say something
Because we were such good friends
And those terms are certainly not void now'

But you only smile when they look at you
And they do like wise with a thrown in 'hey'
But you are too excited that they remember you
And are still alive

Because they didn't die
From suicide, murder, disease
Or move away
Even if they have a shift in personality

Just get to know them again
It will all be fine
Maybe. Hopefully.
It's like learning all over

Shake my hand, I'll shake yours

No comments: