Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Flying in Jar

Look-Alike Jade & butterfly bulb

I never wanted to trap you
To make you feel that way
When the only thing I wanted for you to do
Was spread your wings as wide as you could

I never wanted you to fall
But I'd catch you any way.
That's all I ever did
I always tried to be there

But now your wings don't seem so golden,
they seem to shrivel against the sun
And I don't understand how this could happen
When you were made to resist them.

I thought we'd fly together
But your golden wings are made of wax
I want to save you
But you won't let me catch you

How am I suppose to help you
When you slap my hand away
You said forever, until we were grey
But that must have been a thought from yesterday

I'm still grieving
Not for those beautiful golden wings
But for the person who had them
This chapter never was finished

Can you close it or try to write some more?

3 comments:

Peter said...

That really really looks like Jade.

McFly said...

That's what I thought when I saw it too!

That's actually why I saved it in the first place, to show her. But I totally forgot.

Peter said...

Cool. Have you talked to her recently?